Motifs: include heraldic symbols, strapwork, roundels, portrail busts, arabesques, grotesques, obelisks, caryatids, Tudor roses, cabochons (looks like a gemstone), acanthus, vines, architectural features such as columns, composite, and arcaded forms.
Below are some examples of English Renaissance Symbols and Motifs:
1. mosaic on floor showing circulation and floral naturalistic motifs
2. a heraldic motif on the entrance to a dwelling: symbolizes the family inside
3. linenfold motif on cabinetry
4. grotesque carved from wooden interior beam
5. painting showing the symbolic unicorn of majesty and freedom